Because we want your hair to always look its best, we are delighted to tidy your fringe in between appointments, with our complements. This free service is only for Annexx clients.
The Annexx allows cancellations at anytime, without penalty, but we respectfully request 24 hour notice to cancel your appointment. (Thanks!)
The Annexx can not guarantee appointments for Clients more than 10 minutes late. We will however, happily try to reschedule you to the next available appointment.
HOW TO MAINTAIN A BLOW DRY
Our salon stylists are always asked ‘how to maintain a blow dry’ after they leave our salon. We decided to put together a few tips on this and a few secrets to help maintain that look.
First, there are few things you will need to have to hand:
1 invisi bobble
1 satin pillowcase
a few grips
1 plastic shower cap
1 cotton bandanna or scarf
Redken Pillow proof Dry Shampoo
2″ barrel curling iron or GHD iron
2 1/2″ self holding curlers (Rekden sleep in rollers – ask at reception)
THE FIRST NIGHT
On the first night of your professional blow dry you want to let your hair settle a little bit so be a little careful and before you go to bed, make sure the satin pillowcase is on the pillow you lay on. Next, pull the back of your hair int e cap off and shake your hair out.
THE SECOND NIGHT
Repeat the original ponytail routine from last night.
THE NEXT MORNING
This morning you will find your blow dry is not looking as good as it was so to spruce it up follow these tips:
Start with 2 inch sections and lightly spray the dry shampoo at the roots. Then take big sections and wrap around the curlers following the same directions as the original blow-dry. Once all your hair is up, put the bandanna around your hairline – this is to protect it against a leaky shower cap. Once out of the shower shake your hair and let it resettle. Use a little hair spray for additional hold. Your stylist will recommend the right spray for you.
THE THIRD NIGHT
Pull all your hair into a really high ponytail with your invisi bobble and then twist it into a loose bun on the very top of your head. Secure with grips.
This routine will maintain your blow dry for a few days. If you have any questions or it’s just not working for you, ask your stylist next time you are in the salon.
For hair advice and styling tips why not book your party hair at #THE ANNEXX with one of our talented team who will be more than happy to help. Alternatively call the salon on 01442 870061 where we stock the full range of #GHD #electrical, #Redken, #Moroccanoil #alterna #purology #invisibobble styling products.
ON LINE BOOKING
New clients are encouraged to register for online booking, but we recommend calling the salon prior to booking an appointment for colour as you will need a skin test. This allows us the opportunity to answer any questions and concerns you may have as well as tailor the appointment to your specific needs. Please call reception on 01442-870061 to complete the booking process.
We have a private room for all your hair dressing needs. If you would like to book this room please speak to reception.
1. Hair is made up mostly of keratin, the same protein animals’ horns, hooves, claws, feathers, and beaks are made of.
2. When wet, a healthy strand of hair can stretch an additional 30% of its original length.
3. Hair grows slightly faster in warm weather, because heat stimulates circulation and encourages hair growth.
4. All hair is dead, with the exception of the hair that’s still inside the epidermis of your scalp.
5. Hair contains information about everything that has ever been in your bloodstream, including drugs, and is one of the most commonly used types of forensic evidence.
6. The only thing about you that can’t be identified by your hair is your gender—men’s hair and women’s hair are identical in structure.
7. Black is the most common hair color. Red is the rarest and only exists in about 1 percent of the world’s population, with blonde hair found in 2 percent.
8. As soon as a hair is plucked from its follicle, a new one begins to grow.
9. Hair is 50 percent carbon, 21 percent oxygen, 17 percent nitrogen, 6 percent hydrogen, and 5 percent sulphur.
10. Hair can grow anywhere on the human body with the exception of the palms of hands, soles of feet, eyelids, lips, and mucous membranes.
11. Goosebumps from cold or fear are the result of hair follicles contracting, causing the hair and surrounding skin to bunch up.
12. The average number of hair strands varies by natural color, with blondes having the most and redheads having the fewest.
13. The scientific term for split ends is “trichoptilosis.”
14. Aside from bone marrow, hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body.
15. Balding only begins to become visible once you’ve lost over 50 percent of the hairs from your scalp.
16. At any given time, 90 percent of the hairs in your scalp are growing, while the other 10 percent are resting.
17. A single hair has a lifespan of about five years.
18. Hair acts as a layer of thermally insulating protection for our heads, which lack the insulation that fat provides for the rest of our bodies.
19. Each strand of hair can support up to 100 grams in weight. Multiply that by the average 100,000 to 150,000 strands on each head, and your entire head of hair could support the weight equivalent to two elephants.
Read more: http://dailymakeover.com/weird-hair-facts/#ixzz3uu5GLo7k
The Annexx Ltd
264A High Street
Tuesday 9am – 6pm
Wednesday 9am – 6pm
Thursday 9am – 9pm
Friday 9am – 6pm
Saturday 9am – 4pm
BERKHAMSTED'S HIDDEN GEM
We kindly remind Clients that they are responsible for their own belongings.We suggest that Clients do not wear precious jewellery, especially earrings, when having a treatment at the Annexx, but if this occurs, we request that you place your jewellery somewhere secure upon your person.